Benefits of Timelines in the Classroom
1. Understand the general flow of chronological history.
2. See the full picture of a particular era from beginning to end.
3. Make connections between individual events and people – and their relation to an era as a whole.
4. Grasp the overlapping or concurrency of seemingly unrelated events or cultures.
5. Notice patterns played out in history.
6. Identify cause and effect relationships surrounding historical events.
7. Memorize events, people and places easier.